If you are thinking of picking up golf as a hobby or if you are already an avid golfer, golf membership specials are a great way of joining the golfing community at discounted and special rates. There are a number of golfing associations which offer special membership packages that come with a number of benefits.
You can choose to become a member of a particular club in your area, but these yearly fees can be very expensive and won’t necessarily allow you to pay lowered affiliated visitors’ fees when you visit other golf courses.
What are the benefits of having a golf membership?
- You will have affiliation with the South African Golf Association (SAGA).
- Instead of the pricey non-affiliated visitor rates, you will be able to pay affiliated visitor rates when you visit different golf courses.
- You will be entitled to an official handicap through SAGA.
- After you have played a round, you will be able to phone your score to your home club or enter your score at a terminal in the clubhouse.
- You will be able to access your recent score and your handicap on the internet.
- You may be entitled to getting money off your next club subscription when you refer a friend.
- You will get newsletters informing you of golf holidays and other special offers, as well as events you may be interested in attending.
- You may also be entitled to other benefits such as free golf lessons or members-only competitions.
How do I apply for golf membership specials?
Applying for a gold membership with a special offer usually entails simply filling out an online application on the website of your chosen golf association, make the payment via electronic transfer or bank transfer and send the association the confirmation of payment. Your membership should be approved within 48 hours.
When choosing a golf club, be sure to research its benefits thoroughly and look for any hidden costs or fees. Find out what you will be getting for what you pay so that you can compare golf deals across the various golf clubs.
Which clubs offer special on golf memberships?
- The Players Golf Club membership package is worth more than R2000 but the club is offering the full membership benefits for only R1499,00. Fees can be paid by credit card, cash or debit order. The company was established in 2000 by the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) with the primary objective of introducing new golfers to the game by providing them with all the benefits they need from a golf membership. The Players Golf Club can be found on 657 Piering Road in Rietvalleirand. You can also contact the club telephonically on 084 309 8803 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Golf Club aims to make golf more affordable by reducing membership fees but providing all the necessary benefits such as official gold handicaps, and SAGA affiliation. Golf membership will cost R995,00 per year and no joining fee is required. Membership is available for both men and women.
- The Golf connection. Membership from the Gold Connection starts at only R799 per year. You don’t have to join at a particular time in the year as your membership will be calculated based on the day you joined. The Golf Connection has members all around South Africa and provides an official SAGA handicap card as well as a host of other benefits making golf more affordable and accessible.
- The membership fees for Country Golf Membership start at R699 for a year. The club is affiliated with a number of courses around the country, listed on the SAGA website. Membership offered is through the Kroonstad Country Club, but the club has members all over South Africa as well as abroad.
Golf is one of the most expensive games in the world to play, but there are many clubs out there who try to make the game more affordable, and thus more accessible, to people around South Africa.
The following video clip is one of Tiger Woods’ golf swing and may help those of you who are looking for tips on how to improve your teeing off technique.
Video: Tiger Woods Golf Swing: