The South African government is always in need of good quality public officers, those who uphold the highest standards of the law by serving their country. Looking for jobs at the DPSA and vacancies in government is not as tough as one would think. The trick here is to make sure the positions that are on offer are the ones that are best suited to you.
There is a misconception out there that once you are in a government position, it is a free ride and you become part of the so-called political “gravy-train”. This is not the case and despite what you hear or read in the news, government positions are taken very seriously and are not to be taken advantage of.
For a full list of the vacancies in government, look no further than government’s information website. Here you will be able to look through all of the South African departments and see what jobs are available. Other government circulars are posted in newspapers countrywide, but to beat the general browser to it, you will need to be regularly checking this website in order to get your CV through in good time.
If you are considering applying for a job in the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) then it is best to go straight to the source and direct to their website.
When you are looking for Jobs in the DPSA and vacancies in government then consider the following options as featured on their website:
- A breakdown of the national departments that are offering jobs.
- All you will need is to click on the department you are interested in and it will take you one step further down the application process.
- Provincial Administration
- Similar to the above in that it lists the provinces that have vacancies.
- By clicking on the link that best suits you, it will take you to a circular that indicates all of the available positions as well as the closing date for you to submit your application
These government websites are helpful for the following reasons:
- It is regularly updated to offer only the most relevant and up to date vacancies. Many job websites are outdated and this cannot be said for both the government DPSA vacancies website.
- It segments the vacancies per department and per administration section, national or provincial.
- It gives clear instructions as to how the process should be followed in terms of submitting your CV and the deadlines.
- It provides you with the contact information for the people you need to deal with should you have any questions or queries regarding the application process.
Job applications is an area that government need support in, as top quality and honest candidates are always required to ensure the very best service to the entire South African population.
This should make the understanding of the jobs in the DPSA and vacancies in government that much easier to understand. All you need to do it head to one of the two websites indicated above and you will be able to navigate your way to a new job and new career.