You have just married your high-school hunk or sweetheart and now begins the time for marital bliss and the honeymoon. As the groom, you planned ahead and have booked, what will hopefully be, the start of an amazing journey. But if you did not, then here is an idea of places NOT to go on honeymoon in South Africa.
Planning a honeymoon can be, and often is, a very stressful time for either the groom or the bridal couple, depending on your preference to choose the destination. And the location itself, can depend on any number of factors, including:
- What you can afford to spend;
- Where you want to go;
- What type of activities would you like to do on honeymoon;
- Do you want to go to multiple places;
- What time of the year will be best for some of the locations we have in mind
Budget will play a huge role in deciding where to go and maybe you have always dreamed of having your honeymoon at the Maldives or Seychelles, but in reality Durban will have to make do.
So what are you looking for when deciding not to go to places? Have a look at the following list of options as a start:
- Unless you enjoy the cold, avoid months such as June, July and August, especially in the interior of South Africa;
- You will need to be mindful of school holidays, especially when considering being on the coast. You do not want your beach time ruined by screaming kids;
Deciding on places not to go on honeymoon in South Africa is really a tricky one because of the individual preferences for each and every couple. But the one commonality is that everyone wants a honeymoon to remember. Here are a few tips to assist you in avoiding horror places:
- You can always head to the locations website and see the reviews from past visitors;
- A great online reference is Trip Advisor, and this is a terrific site to start with;
- Depending on where you want to go I the country, avoid unknown hotel names unless you are using is as a stop-over;
- Again venue dependent, but make sure that your town/city has a few extra activities on hand. You would not want to head to a place that is pure boredom and offers nothing to do.
Some obvious and unromantic places to avoid could easily be the following:
- Bloemfontein in the winter;
- Kimberley and Welkom in general;
- The Kruger National Park in December – too hot and too crowded;
- Possibly Cape Town in the winter – chances of lots of rain and too much wind;
- Potchefstroom and Pietermaritzburg in general.
When it all comes to the crunch, the location of your honeymoon will be dependent on who you are as a couple and what you will want out of the experience, such as:
- Pure beach time and relaxation;
- Adventure, hiking and lots of walks;
- The sites and scenery of an idyllic town.
Once you have an idea of what you want, then places not to go on honeymoon in South Africa will be easy to avoid and you will have an incredible experience.