Things to do when you are bored may seem hard to find for a lot of people so what better place to look for what you can keep yourself busy with than right here on the Internet. You may be sitting at work right now on your pc and either do not feel like working or have no work to do at the moment. Or maybe you are at home and there is nothing on television and your friends are busy doing other stuff, or you have no worthwhile friends at the moment, whatever the reason, here is a list containing some suggestions of what to do when you are feeling bored.
- Search through The Slimfish Files – Ok, of course we would put this at top of the list. The Slimfish Files is a website full of useful, and not so useful, information on everything, anything and nothing you need to know about.
- Organise a surprise party for yourself – Turn off all the lights and hide, wait a few minutes before creeping to the light switch and flicking the lights on. Shout ‘Surprise’ and act as shocked as you can.
- Glue a coin to the floor with super strong super glue and hide somewhere close by to have a laugh watching people trying to pick it up.
- Phone companies and when they answer the phone start whistling and singing softly as if you are browsing around a shop with no intention of buying. When the person asks ‘Can I help you’, tell them ‘no thanks, just browsing’. See how long you can keep them before they hang up.
- Buy some minature marshmallows and jam them into your nose and sneeze them out again. See how many you can do at a time.
- When someone says ‘have a nice day’ tell them you have other plans.
- Pay your electricity bill in 5 cent coins.
- Go to your nearest MacDonalds drive thru, go around the drive-thru in reverse. Or, wait until it gets really busy and pretend to break down at the window where you are supposed to pay. Lift the bonnet, get out of the car and pretend to start working on the engine.
- Go to a popular shop in a mall or something. Pretend you’re deaf and ask a salesperson to explain a product to you by writing it down on a piece of paper. Let it carry on for sometime, at some point they are bound to forget you are deaf and ask you a question, answer them normally with something like ‘Thank You, but this is nothing like what I am looking for’, then walk straight out of the shop.
- See how close you can get your elbow to your mouth
- Learn the alphabet backwards and impress your friends at parties
- See how long you can hold an ice cube in each hand for
- Try to peel a banana with your feet
- Turn on the television, put it on mute and make up your own words for different characters, try to change voices for each character
- Pretend to fall over in a public place and see if anyone offers help
- Put your clothes on backwards and when people comment on it tell them you thought something felt a bit wrong. Tell them you felt like you weren’t sure if you were coming or going
This is just a short list with a few suggestions so we hope you found a few things in there that have helped in some way. At least if we haven’t managed to suggest anything that takes your fancy, we have taken up a few minutes of your time with our list of things to do when you are bored.